For the Decemberists fan who has it all but needs more, the deluxe box set edition of The King is Dead — limited to 2,500 worldwide and available only at select indie stores and a couple of other places you don’t need to know about — includes:
• One-of-a-kind Polaroid photograph by Autumn de Wilde from the Impossible Project/Decemberists series.
• 72-page hardcover book featuring over 250 unique Polaroid photographs by Autumn de Wilde and illustrations by Carson Ellis.
• The King Is Dead CD.
• Pendarvia DVD – a 30-minute short film by Aaron Rose documenting the making of the album.
• The King Is Dead on 180 gram white vinyl with special cover.
• Limited edition giclée print illustrated by Carson Ellis.
• Digital album download code.
• Downloads of live video of “Rise To Me” from Musicfest Northwest in Portland, Fall 2009, and “Down By The Water.”
• Linen-wrapped, clamshell box with foil-stamped cover.
OTHER NEW VINYL RELEASES:
Pearl Jam Live on Ten Legs (indie store exclusive!)
Josh Ritter The Animal Years (indie store exclusive – first time on vinyl!)
Band of Horses/Cee-Lo Green split 7-inch (extremely limited indie store exclusive – Band of Horses covering Cee-lo’s “Georgia,” Cee-lo covering Band of Horses’ “No One’s Gonna Love You”
The Decemberists The King is Dead (no extra shit — just the wax, man)
Social Distortion Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes
Mogwai Rano Pano
Gregg Allman Low Country Blues
Eulogies Tear the Fences Down
The Frames For the Birds
Gwar Lust in Space
Jayhawks Hollywood Town Hall
Jayhawks Tomorrow the Green Grass
Jason D. Williams Killer Instincts